Packing for winter in Orlando, FL
January 29, 2016
You are coming to Florida to get away from the snow storms popping up everywhere else in the country, and cold northern hemisphere in general, but have no idea what to pack in your suitcase? We’ll try to help you out a bit. First, here are some general guidelines:
- Florida has an incredibly unpredictable weather, so forget about looking up temperatures online and strictly packing accordingly. You will need to be flexible.
- If you are coming for two weeks or more, try to pick a hotel that has a coin operated washer and dryer service in the hotel like the Hawthorn Suites Lake Buena Vista, so you don’t have to over pack.
- If all fails, don’t worry. There are plenty of affordable outlet malls here where you can buy that one item that you forgot to pack.
So, what to bring for a comfortable trip in Orlando during the winter? Here’s a guideline for a 2 week stay in a place where you can do laundry:
- Flip flops
- Tennis shoes
- Comfortable boots
- 5 pairs of socks
- 2 pairs of shorts
- 1 pair of jeans
- 1 pair of dress pants, sweat pants or another pair of jeans
- 1 tank top
- 4 t-shirts
- 1 nice shirt
- 1 bathing suit
- 1 long sleeve shirt
- 1 neutral colored light jacket
- 1 scarf (or more to accessorize)
- 1 heavy jacket
There’s no need to bring heavy gloves, beanies, heavy boots or ear warmers as even the coldest days here are usually not below freezing. This winter has been very mild and we have experiences some rain, cloudy days and temperatures below the 50s, but temperatures have only gotten down to the 30s in the middle of the night of a few sparse days so far.